Ever since the My Disney Experience app for Walt Disney World first appeared, everyone at Capturing Magic wished the app would allow you to download Photopass pictures right in the app. And late last year, they finally did! It's really simple, and has made sharing pictures during a trip SO much easier!
I can't tell you how much I especially love this feature during indoor meet and greets, since the lighting is usually awful. Before, if I wanted to post pictures immediately, I'd have to spend a while editing the picture from my camera on my phone. But now, I can just download the Photopass picture, which is usually much better lighting wise.
If you are an Annual Passholder (and have bought or renewed your pass since October), you'll see your pictures from the last year, for free! Otherwise, you'll have to buy memory maker to download your pictures.
Here's a step by step guide on how to download your pictures.
1. After opening the app, click on the top left corner
2. Click on Photopass
3. Now you'll see your pictures! You can pull your screen down to refresh, and sometimes I have to do this several times for the newest picture to show up. The good news is, pictures are usually instantly added to the app! You can scroll through your pictures, or scroll down to see older pictures.
4. Now, click on the picture you want to download. Again, you can scroll through pictures to find the one you want. Then, click on “Save or Share”, which is under the picture.
5. You'll now see the picture processing with a percentage. Depending on how good the service is (and in the parks, it can range from awful to good), you may even have to try this more than once. Sometimes it will give you an error, usually if the parks are really busy and the wifi/cell service is bad, but just try again.
6. Once it reaches 100%, it will ask what you want to do with the picture. I always select save image.
7. The app will tell you the picture is saved.
8. And now the picture will be in your camera roll!
Magic shots are also available immediately!
Even the animated magic shots are available! You just click on it, and it will play on your phone. So you can now download the video and post it to Instagram or elsewhere on social media!
Have fun downloading your Photopass Pictures!
Heather is an annual passholder that loves coming up with excuses to take a trip to the World. Follow her adventures at Disney on twitter , instagram, and facebook. Visit her website, I Love Characters, to see pictures of the over 240 characters she's met at Disney World and Disneyland.